Not that this really surprises me anymore but it turns out the PC version of Crysis 2 has quite a few issues. Some of these have been fixed through the Day 1 patch released by Crytek, but the others stand strong.
Some of the more common complaints (as compiled by Gamestooge) are:
- Their serial registry codes are already “in use”
- The game asks for a serial code every time a player wants to engage in multiplayer, and often ends up with the problem above
- Preorder bonus codes won’t work
- The game won’t load
- The lack of PC graphic options
- The lack of DirectX 11 support
Edit: As pointed out by one of our reader's, Jan Kritzinger, low res tuxtures and lack of detail seems to be an issue as well.
It’s really sad when you think of how a game who’s predecessor was such a huge hit on the PC, has multiple issues on that very same platform. This just goes to show that developing multiplatform games is a pain in the butt and like always, PC gamers will bear most of that pain.
While Crysis 2 released in the US yesterday, it’ll only be available in India this Friday for Xbox360, PS3 and PC.
Publish date: March 24, 2011 10:00 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 7:30 pm