Pentax has announced its eleventh generation Optio waterproof digital camera built for rugged adventures.
The Pentax Optio W90 offers waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, and coldproof performance and features a Digital Microscope mode with LED lighting to capture small subjects. Designed with the look of mountaineering equipment, the Optio W90 kit includes a woven web fabric strap complete with a carabiner to attach the camera to a backpack and other outdoor gear. The rugged 12.1 megapixel Optio W90 with a 5X optical zoom (28-140mm equivalent) offers photographic performance, innovative features and style that surpass other outdoor compact digital cameras now available on the market.
Other features include:
- Waterproof to 20 feet for reliable underwater photography
- Shockproof to 4 feet withstanding the rigors of extreme use
- Coldproof to sub-freezing temperatures for use in wintery, snowy activities
- Digital Microscope mode with LED lens lighting perfectly captures the smallest and closest macro subjects as near as 1cm from the camera
- Eye-Fi wireless SD memory card connectivity
- Large 2.7 inch LCD with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio that is easy to view in strong light or underwater
- Movie capture in widescreen 720p HD video at 30 frames per second
- An HDMI port plays back beautiful high resolution imges and video on HDTVs
Priced at $329.95, the Pentax Optio W90 will ship in April 2010. A waterproof infared remote control (sold separately) for use with the Pentax Optio W90 and other infrared compatible Optio models will be available at the same time for $29.95.
Publish date: February 25, 2010 1:49 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:06 pm