Pinterest hasn't had a great deal of development recently except for maybe its user base. According to an infographic by Tamba, a social media company, Pinterest has doubled its daily unique pageviews between January 2012 and March 2012. In January, the number of daily unique visits to the social network was 2 million. In March, it was 4 million. Pinterest exists on iOS but not Android yet, and has been downloaded 2,50,000 times on the Apple mobile OS. Furthermore, 56 percent of Pinterest users are between the ages of 25 and 44. 28 percent of users in both January and March, were between the ages of 25 and 35, and another 28 percent between the ages of 35-44. The majority chunk (42 percent) of Pinterest users exist in the income bracket between $25,000 and $50,000 per year.
More pins every day
What's interesting though is the increasing male population on the social network. Pinterest has been reputed as being primarily a ladies' social network, but it seems that more men might be getting on board (pun intended). In January, 20 percent of Pinterest users were men, which stands women at 80 percent. However, in March, the number of men on Pinterest increased to 28 percent, leaving women at 72 percent. Taking a look at the top 10 user interests on Pinterest, fashion designers and collections come out on top. This is followed by music art and memorabilia and then vineyards and wine tourism. The average time spent on Pinterest per visit is 14.2 minutes and in March 2012, Pinterest had 2.3 billion page views.
A big use of Pinterest is retail. Pinterest links users to websites where they can buy the items that have been 'pinned' and Pinterest is projected to account for 40 percent of all social media driven purchases. Facebook, which is also a place for retailers to bring users to their sites to buy, will account for 60 percent of all social media driven purchases. Buyers referred from Pinterest are 10 percent more likely to buy something as well as spend 10 percent more on average. Pinterest has room for considerable growth, especially with its retail influence as is evident. The question remains whether the social network will stand on its own feet or be swallowed up like Instagram by Facebook. We'll just have to wait and watch. In the mean time, are you Pinteresting?
Publish date: April 30, 2012 1:50 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 10:09 pm
Pinterest, Pinterest Income Bracket, Pinterest Percentage Men, Pinterest Percentage Women, Pinterest retail, Pinterest Statistics, Pinterest Stats, Pinterest unique visits, Pinterst Pageviews, Social Networking