QNAP Systems, a company that specializes in network and security system solutions announced the launch of their new software V3.4 NAS Management Software, which adds and improves a lot of features on QNAS NAS devices.
The new update brings a load of new features
- Ability to remotely backup data from one NAS to another over the internet for Intel-based NAS
- ElephantDrive Cloud Storage feature allows saving of backups on the cloud
- Virtual LAN support is added which allows the NAS to be part of an existing VLAN
- New Download Station support the AJAX interface and support for RSS feeds allows for automated and quicker downloads
- MyCloudNAS feature allows users to use a free domain name for the NAS device which in turn allows users to access their devices remotely with ease
- Support for USB Wi-Fi dongles has been added which allows the NAS to accessible wirelessly
- Enhanced system management features allows users to import and export lists of users, permission controls and direct file viewing using Google Docs is also possible.
QNAS NAS device owners can download the latest version of the firmware from the QNAS Support site.