id Software released RAGE last week to rabid gamers and much to their dismay, it was a pretty broken game. The PC version, something most gamers hoped would be the best version out there has been plagued with issues since launch not allowing AMD and ATI users to run the game for more than ten minutes. id’s released a patch for the game now and if you’ve purchased the game on Steam, the game gets auto-patched but be warned, this patch has now made the game unplayable for many. Either way, here’s the list of fixes it brings to the table:
– Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
– Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers. Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.
– Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync”, and ”anisotropic filter”
– Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
– Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
– Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
– Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
– Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
– Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.
Thankfully the game's working fine for us now so we can churn out our review ASAP.