In addition to announcing two new handsets, RIM has just announced BlackBerry OS 6.0 at the WES (Wireless Enterprise Symposium) event where the CEO Mike Lazaridis unveiled the update. Here’s what we can expect from the update –
- Multi-touch browsing with a better multi tab browsing option
- Homescreen ions can be easily rearranged but the wallpaper panel seems to have gotten smaller
- The media player will also support multi-touch for zooming and flick control for navigating through images etc.
- A search function that looks similar to Sony Ericsson’s MediaScape for locating similar media online, or links to artists etc. is now available
- Social networking seems to have been radically altered with a snappy new look
- The messages system is essentially the same with a few minor tweaks like an integrated RSS feed reader and larger thumbnails
- Touchscreen devices will now have click and hold Pop-up menus for functions
The new BlackBerry OS has been seriously jazzed up and seems optimized for their touchscreen devices. OS6.0 will be out sometime in Q3 this year and some older devices will be capable of upgrade. Still there is no info on the supported devices or the features package.
Check out the ultra funky video showcasing the all new user experience.
Publish date: April 28, 2010 10:30 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:15 pm