Research In Motion (RIM) has just announced the launch of the BlackBerry Style 9670 smartphone for CDMA customers in India. This is RIM’s second attempt at ‘jazzing’ up their otherwise rather almost identical looking range of devices. While their first attempt i.e. the Pearl Flip 8230 proved to be quite stylish with a half QWERTY keypad, the Style is designed to offer users a full QWERTY experience in a chic clamshell form factor.
A flip phone after a long time
The Style will be equipped with RIM’s BlackBerry 6 OS with an optical Trackpad for navigation and will also feature –
- Internal display measuring 2.7-inch (360 x 400 pixels); external display measuring 2-inch (240 x 320 pixels)
- Support for 3G networks, Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth, USB 2.0
- Built-in GPS and geotagging
- 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 512MB Flash memory, 8GB microSD memory card included (supports up to 32GB)
The new BlackBerry Style is available immediately and the distribution of the smartphone is being managed by Brightpoint India, RIM’s national retail distribution partner for CDMA-enabled BlackBerry smartphones. It’s priced at Rs. 24,990 (MRP).
Full QWERTY offered