A Russian company, called NetUP has launched a new TV set that runs on Android 2.2. This TV allows users to access IPTV features like surfing, social networking, gaming, YouTube, Skype, Google Maps and such other applications without using the regular set top box.
New Android based TV launched
The TV set has been already tested and its built-in Android-based IP STB supports the following technical characteristics:
- CPU: 1 GHz SAMSUNG S5PV210
- Flash memory: 1 GB Nand
- RAM: 512MB DDR-2 RAM
- Interfaces: 2 x USB, SD/MMC Card Reader, HDMI In, Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- Supported video formats: H.264/MPEG2 up to 1080p 30fps
- Supported containers: RAW/UDP/TS multicast, RTP/RTSP, MP4, AVI
- Supported audio formats: MPEG2 audio, AAC, AC-3, MP3
- Supported devices: Wi-Fi USB adapter, GPS USB module
- OS: Android 2.2
An Android-based TV set might just turn out to be a good solution for hotels and residences. In case of using ordinary IP STB, two devices (TV and IP STB) that are controlled by 2 separate remotes are needed in most cases. An Android-based IP TV set negates the need of having separate remotes, it provides a much better interface whilst becoming cost-effective for the owners.
The TV is now available for pre-order. The prices for the device will be:
32-inch – $565 (Rs.29,981)
40-inch – $725 (Rs.38,471)
46-inch – $845 (Rs.44,836)
55-inch – $1150 (Rs.61,020)
Head over to this site for more details.
Publish date: December 31, 2011 10:52 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 9:16 pm