Now, according to GSMArena, the price for Samsung’s ATIV S has been revealed. A Belgian retailer has listed the phone on its website for a price tag of €549 (around Rs 37,310). The prices are unofficial, and there has been no statement from Samsung about the matter.
The Samsung ATIV S was first unveiled during this year’s IFA in August. Commenting on this latest smartphone from its Windows Phone stable, Samsung said, “Samsung ATIV S is a new smartphone for both work and entertainment featuring Windows Phone 8. ATIV S brings a stunning hairline design and high performance with a range of content-sharing and productivity options”.
Price for the phone has been revealed through a Belgian retailer
Here is a look at the highlighted features of the Samsung ATIV S:
- 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels
- GSM, HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, NFC
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, microUSB v2.0
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- 8 MP AF, LED flash with full HD video recording, 1.9MP front facing camera
- 16GB, 32GB versions with expandable support up to 32GB via MicroSD card
According to an earlier report, the price for the HTC Windows Phone 8X is set at £531.43 (around Rs 46,000) on Amazon, and £399 (Rs 34,500 approximately) on Clove UK.
Microsoft had officially raised the curtain on Windows Phone 8 at an event in San Francisco earlier this year and claimed that it is the most advanced mobile OS Microsoft has ever made. Here is a look at some of the highlighted features available on Windows Phone 8:
- Multi-core processor support: Windows Phone was a slick OS that ran smoothly on handsets with a single processor. The latest OS now features multi-core support with Belfoire claiming that they’re ready for whatever hardware makers dream up.
- Bigger, sharper screens: Windows Phone 8 supports two new screen resolutions—1280 x 768 and 1280 x 720, making it compatible with new handsets that will feature high-definition 720p displays.
- More flexible storage: Windows Phone 8 supports removable microSD cards, so users can stuff their phone with extra photos, music and whatever else is important and then easily move it all onto their PC.
- NFC wireless sharing: In Windows Phone 8, NFC helps make sharing photos, Office docs, and contact info easier. One can achieve this by tapping their phone on another NFC-equipped device.
- Internet Explorer 10: The next version of Windows Phone comes with the same web browsing engine that’s headed for Window 8 PCs and tablets. Microsoft claims that IE10 is faster and more secure, with advanced anti-phishing features like SmartScreen Filter to block dangerous websites and malware.
- Better maps and directions: Windows Phone 8 builds in Nokia mapping as part of the platform. This partnership will provide more detailed maps and turn-by-turn directions in many countries, plus the ability to store maps offline on your phone so you can work with maps without a data connection.
- Improved apps and games: Microsoft states that basing Windows Phone 8 on the Windows core will unleash a new wave of amazing apps and especially games.
Publish date: September 29, 2012 4:09 pm| Modified date: December 19, 2013 2:01 am
Samsung ATIV S, Samsung ATIV S announced, Samsung ATIV S features, Samsung ATIV S first Windows Phone 8 smartphone, Samsung ATIV S Price, Samsung ATIV S release date, Samsung ATIV S smartphone, Samsung ATIV S specifications, Samsung ATIV S specs, Samsung ATIV S Windows Phone 8, Samsung ATIV S WP8, Samsung Inc.Samsung corp, Smartphones