Samsung’s Galaxy Note II will officially be launched in Hyderabad today. The South-Korean firm had first revealed theoversized smartphone/phablet at the consumer electronics show IFA in Berlin in August.
The smartphone is available for pre-order on Samsung’s Indie e-store. You can click here to order. The cost for pre-ordering the device is Rs 5000. Note, that a pre-order is once placed, it cannot be cancelled. While the actual price of the smartphone has not been revealed, according to reports it is expected to cost a maximum of Rs 38,000.
Here’s a quick look at the key features of Samsung’s phablet.
• A 5.5-inch (14-centimeter) screen with AMOLED touchscreen and 1280 x 720 pixel density. The new device is narrower but longer than the first version of the Note.
• A 1.6 GHz quad-core processor with 2GB RAM which means the smartphone should be pretty fast.
• It also has an 8 megapixel AF/ Touchfocus camera with full HD video recording and playback and front camera with 1.9 megapixel.
• The smartphone will come with Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean, so for users who’ve been waiting to test out Android’s latest OS, this device is the one to get.
• The phablet, will come in three versions, namely 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. Both the 16 and 32 GB versions can be expanded to 64GB and the device has 4G capabilites but it seems that the India version will not have 4G capabilities.
• The smartphone also has a stylus, which is designed to making writing, drawing etc much easier for those aren’t too fond of touch-screens. The S Pen also comes with advanced capabilities. Users have the option of adding Quick Commands to their stylus and can also simply press the S Pen button,to clip or edit selected content on the screen.
• The Note II comes with Air View, which allows users to hover the S Pen approximately 10mm over the surface of the device and then lets your preview emails, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview without having to open it.
Recommended For You
Nov 24, 2014