Samsung’s Galaxy S achieved such success that it has been well above a year, and the company is still dishing out variants based on the same name. We first had the Galaxy S LCD, which gave users similar features of the S, but at a cheaper price point. Then, we had the S Plus, a faster version of the original S and now we have the S Advance to look forward to at MWC. We now have some crisp, live shots of the phone from Techpinas.com, along with the expected price tag and probable release date.
Very S II like in looks
According to the source, the S Advance should be priced somewhere around 22,990 Philippine pesos, which amounts to roughly Rs. 28,000 and is expected in stores around the same time in the Philippines. This does seem expensive when you consider that the S II is priced just a tiny bit higher. Then again, the pricing could be totally different once it actually launches in India, but given how the Galaxy R was priced at launch scares us quite a bit. The reason the Galaxy R never really took off was because of bad pricing and everyone just forgot about it, so hopefully Samsung don’t make a mistake with this one. Going by the specifications, it’s not possible for it to be cheaper than the R, so Rs.22,000 would be the ideal price for this phone.
As chunky as the S
Speaking of specifications, it’s going to be a cross between the Galaxy S and the S II. Unlike the S Plus though, the design is more akin to the S II, but is as thick as the S. It will be getting the Super AMOLED treatment (not ‘Plus’) with the same WVGA resolution. Powering it will be a 1GHz Cortex A9 dual-core CPU and a 5MP shooter capable to 720p. It’s once again limited to not record in 1080p, otherwise, no one would buy the S II. We now have the detailed specifications of the phone as well, which goes something like this:
- Model – GT-I9070
- Dimensions – 123.2 x 63 x 9.7 mm
- Weight – 120 grams
- Processor – 1 GHz Dual Core Cortex-A9 NovaThor U8500 Chipset
- RAM/ROM – 768 MB RAM, 2 GB ROM
- Camera – 5 MegaPixels, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, 1.3 MegaPixels front camera
- Audio and Video Playback – MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263/MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, HS, HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- Internal Storage – 8GB or 16GB plus microSD card slot
- Battery – Li-Ion 1500 mAh
- Extra features – Curved Corning Gorilla Glass Screen, SNS integration, Google Services Suite, TouchWiz UI
No much drama going on here
The phone will launch with Gingerbread 2.3.5, which is a bummer, as we expected ICS right from the get go. In the end, it all comes down to the pricing. If Samsung price it anywhere between 20K and 25K in the Indian market, it will make a killing, what say?
Galaxy S Advance, Galaxy S Advance announcement, Galaxy S Advance details, Galaxy S Advance images, Galaxy S Advance launch date, Galaxy S Advance MWC, Galaxy S Advance price, Galaxy S Advance price in India, Galaxy S Advance specifications, Galaxy S Advance specs, MWC 2012, MWC 2012 F AdGalaxy S Advance, Smartphones