Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has announced that the Premium Suite upgrade for its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S III, has begun and this update aims to improve the experience by adding more convenient features.
As part of the announcement, Samsung claims that it is committed to providing customers with the best mobile experience by offering an operating system upgrade for its devices. As part of this effort, Samsung has recently provided the Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade for the Galaxy S III, and will bring even more enhanced features to the phone through the upcoming Premium Suite upgrade. Samsung claims that with the upgrade, Galaxy S III users will witness an enhanced user experience.
Samsung Galaxy S III gets a bunch of new features
The Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade will include many of the productive features that are newly introduced with the Galaxy Note II:
Multi Window: Utilise two different applications side-by-side simultaneously for a convenient multitasking experience.
Improved photo experience:
- Through Samsung Gallery, view more photos at the same time and also create and categorise photos and videos
- Exclusive to Samsung, the Paper Artist app offers creative picture-taking effects. It also provides photo editing functions such as the brush colouring tool
Group Cast: With Group Cast on the Galaxy S III and a Wi-Fi network, share and collaborate on documents, presentations or images in real-time with multiple friends or colleagues without loading the file separately. This is now a stand-alone app, rather than part of Allshare Play.
- Smart Rotation – The device detects and recognises the user's face, automatically rotating the screen direction to adjust to the user's face position
- Contextual Tag – Tag friends/ location/date to the photos/videos/voice memo taken or recorded
- Contextual Page – The device detects when the earphones are plugged in and it automatically opens up the music player
Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC – By setting the camera to 'Auto Share Shot' mode, a user can quickly share photos and videos by simply tapping the Galaxy S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices.
- With the 'Best Face' feature, which is an improved version of the previous Best Photo feature, a user can choose from five continuous shots the best face of each person in the photo, to create an image of their liking
- Low light mode is added to allow bright and sharp photos to be captured even in dark places
- Capture scenery or group shots by using Panorama mode. This is now expanded to 340 to 360-degrees
- Apart from this there are other advanced features found with this Premium Upgrade suite on the Galaxy S III.
Continuous Input – Using one continuous finger/ stylus motion across the keyboard, users can type words faster
- AllShare Cast – Wirelessly connect the Galaxy S III to the television to transfer smartphone content onto a larger display
- Smart Dock – TouchWiz interface allows people to adjust the phone setting to automatically switch to a relevant UI when a device is connected to the docking station
- Improved touch response – A user can avail of a faster and smoother touch response on the Galaxy S III
- S Beam – Samsung claims that by touching another S Beam-enabled device including Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III mini, the Galaxy S III allows a 1GB movie file to be shared within three minutes and a 10MB music file within two seconds, even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal
As of now, the rollout of the Premium Suite Upgrade has begun only in the UK. It is expected to reach more countries in the near future.
Publish date: December 21, 2012 9:38 am| Modified date: December 19, 2013 6:05 am
Android, Android 4.1.Premium Suite, Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade, Premium Suite upgrade, Premium Suite Upgrade Galaxy S III, Premium Suite Upgrade rollout, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade, Samsung Galaxy S III upgrade, Samsung Premium Suite upgrade features, Smartphones