Apple Inc's iPad hit store shelves on Saturday already armed with a host of applications, as corporations jump on board what they hope will be a category-defining device.
Some of the major applications are listed below:
– Amazon.com Inc said its Kindle App for iPad is available, allowing users to choose from more than 450,000 books from the Kindle Store on iPad
– Activision said the iPad allows its Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies for iPad to utilize “higher graphics and faster processing to enhance the game experience and immerse players deeper into non-stop shooter pandemonium.”
– eBay Inc said its app would deliver a “dramatically different, visually compelling” shopping experience to browse products on its online marketplace.
– Netflix Inc said its members could use its app for iPad to watch an unlimited number of TV episodes and movies streamed from Netflix to iPad at no additional cost on plans starting at $8.99 a month.
– The New York Times, USA Today and News Corp's Wall Street Journal have iPad versions.
– Walt Disney Co will offer applications from all of its business, including TV shows, games and interactive books.
Marvel Entertainment LLC, a subsidiary, said more than 500 of its comic books would be available.
– RealNetworks Inc's games studio brand GameHouse said its Party-Pad Marble Mixer app is on the AppStore and features “new interactivity.”
– Electronic Arts Inc said five titles are available immediately for the iPad, including Scrabble, Tetris and Need for Speed Shift
– Nuance Communications Inc said its Dragon Dictation app will be available for the iPad.
– Restaurant guide publisher Zagat released its Zagat to Go app for its ratings and reviews for the iPad, a free upgrade to the app's iPhone and iPod customers and $9.99 for new users.
– CBS Corp said it is offering streaming video content from its television shows and technology content from CNET.com on iPad.
– Citrix Systems Inc division Citrix Online said its GoToMeeting app for iPad would be available to conduct online meetings through the device.
– Primedia Inc subsidiary Consumer Source Inc's Apartment Guide apartment listing search app is available in the App Store.
Publish date: April 5, 2010 3:20 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:12 pm