Many of you probably haven’t heard of Section 8. It was a multiplayer game only in the same vein as Tribes and even though the product was a bit rough around the edges, it provided a decent multiplayer experience. It also probably sold well enough to warrant a sequel that goes by the name of Section 8: Prejudice. This downloadable-only game will hit the Xbox360, via Xbox Live, as well as the PC via Steam and Games for Windows Live by the 20th of April 2011. The PS3 release (Via PSN) has been delayed a bit due to unknown reasons.
No this isn't Halo
And in case you plan on picking up Section 8: Prejudice here are some of the game’s features:
- Mobilize by Drop Spawning from 15,000 feet, use Jet Packs to evade enemies, and ram opponents in Overdrive
- Campaign mode: 5-hour story-driven single-player campaign
- Conquest mode: Large-scale multiplayer for up 32 players
- Swarm mode: Four player co-op mode where shooter gameplay meets tower defense
- Offline bot support for all game modes
- Highly customizable weapon and equipment loadouts; deep level progression and unlockable content systems
- Dynamic Combat Missions: ensure no two multiplayer games ever play the same
- Dedicated Servers for all platforms, robust Stats Portal and Clan Management tools
For more on the game head on over to its official site.