Sony Ericsson has announced the Vivaz that follows on from the Xperia X10 announced in November 2009, and is the second phone in the new family of communication entertainment phones coming to market in the first half of 2010. Sony Ericsson Vivaz will come to market in Q1 2010.
The Vivaz has high quality HD video allowing consumers to produce and broadcast their experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features.
The open platform also allows users to personalise their entertainment experience by downloading great applications through PlayNow and the Symbian Developer Community.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz features the new design philosophy ’human curvature’, first introduced with the Xperia X10, which will become a consistent feature of Sony Ericsson’s portfolio.
The Vivaz also features:
- HD video – produce and broadcast your best experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features
- Social networking – easy access to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- 8.1 megapixel camera – capture life’s moments in high quality
- Face and smile detection – a perfect picture every time
- Sony Ericsson Media Player
- 3D games
- Google Maps
- 8GB microSD card
Sony Ericsson Vivaz supports UMTS HSPA 900/2100 and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSPA 850/1900/2100 and EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and will be available in select markets from Q1 in the colours Moon Silver, Cosmic Black, Galaxy Blue and Venus Ruby.
Pricing hasn't been announced yet.