Swype has been available on the Samsung Galaxy S among other phones and is now available in beta form for Symbian. This is how Symbian describes itself: “Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods—at over 40 words per minute. The application is designed to work across a variety of devices such as phones, tablets, game consoles, kiosks, televisions, virtual screens and more.”
Compatibility and system requirements
Swype for Symbian Beta is compatible with the following Nokia S60 5th Edition touch screen phoness:
- Nokia 5800
- Nokia 5230
- Nokia X6
- Nokia N97
- Nokia N97mini
- Standard QWERTY keyboard layout makes Swype easy to learn
- Use a stylus or finger – Swype’s amazing input path analyzer allows you to go fast and sloppy. Just make a reasonable effort to trace through the word and Swype will do the rest
- Double Tap Editing – Make a mistake? Double tap on a word to bring up a list of other possible matches.
- Auto Spelling Correction
- Automatic Help – Swype detects when you may be having trouble or might benefit from a particular feature and prompts you with helpful tips and instructions
- Instant access to Symbols, Numbers and Editing functions
- 65,000-word Learning Dictionary – Chances are the word you are typing is already in the Swype dictionary. If it isn’t, just tap it out once followed by a space and Swype will remember it for future use.
Publish date: September 3, 2010 2:00 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:42 pm