Tata Teleservices Limited, India’s fastest-growing pan-India dual-technology telecom service provider, and Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, today introduced the BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone to CDMA customers on the Tata Indicom network. The new BlackBerry Curve 8530 brings ease-of-use to email, messaging, social networking, multimedia and entertainment for people on the go, and is now available at authorized Tata Indicom retail stores across India.
The combination of pre-paid and post-paid plans from Tata Indicom together with the BlackBerry smartphone's user-friendly features will enable Tata Indicom to deliver a rich mobile communications experience to customers. Until 30th June 2010, Tata Indicom is offering free data services for two months along with the BlackBerry Curve 8530. Connected on Tata Indicom’s fast CDMA network, customers can also enjoy watching free live TV for the first 3 months if they subscribe before 30th June, 2010.
The BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone measures 109 mm x 60 mm x 13.90 mm (L x W x D) and weighs only 106 grams (including battery). It comes packed with features including:
- Easy-to-use, highly tactile, full-QWERTY keyboard and optical trackpad for reliable, responsive typing and navigation
- 256 MB flash memory and 528 MHz next generation processor for enhanced performance
- Supports voice-activated dialing and Bluetooth (version 2.1), with support for hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
- 3G-enabled for roaming on 3G CDMA networks
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- GPS with support for location-based applications
- Digital camera with zoom and video recording
- Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
- BlackBerry Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync photos and music from your computer to the smartphone**
- Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more
- Access to email, messaging (IM, SMS, BlackBerry Messenger) and popular social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace
- Powerful multimedia capabilities with dedicated media keys smoothly integrated along the top of the handset, giving customers an easy, convenient way to control their music and videos
- Support for BlackBerry services with access to up to 10 supported email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, AOL and Gmail, and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration for corporate deployments
- Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 32 GB cards
- Video recording requires microSD card, sold separately
** Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies. Photo syncing is currently only available for Windows-based PCs.
The BlackBerry Curve 8530 will be available at retail outlets across India for Rs. 18,990.