Trend Micro launched new products like ScanMail for Exchange 10.2, PortalProtect for SharePoint 2.1 and InterScan Messaging Security 8.2. ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange 10.2 is the only mail server-based product to block email containing malicious URLs, in addition to scanning for content and viruses.
New features in version 10.2 include:
- Second-generation Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Lite with data validators, compliance templates, and over 40 worldwide data identifiers for custom templates
- Malicious URL detection inside attachments in addition to the message body
- New Local Smart Protection Server, which increases performance and reduces network latency
Security for sensitive data
PortalProtect for Microsoft SharePoint 2.1 comes with the following features:
- Second-generation DLP Lite with data validators, compliance templates, and 36 worldwide data identifiers for custom templates
- Support for remote BLOB storage
- InterScan Messaging Security 8.2 helps enterprise IT professionals deal with their growing regulatory compliance and data protection challenges.
New features of version 8.2 include:
- A new Data Privacy and Email Encryption module
- Virtual appliance support for Microsoft Hyper-V (in addition to VMware and a bare-metal software appliance)
- A widget-based dashboard for easy administration