The last time we saw the Twitter app for Android get an update, it was mainly cosmetic. A great number of improvements were made to the user interface, in an effort to bring it up to par with the iOS version. This time around, with Twitter for Android version 2.0.2, the improvements are a bit more functionality-based.
It's a new bird!
Here’s what new in version 2.0.2:
- Displays search results in a tabbed view
- Add and remove saved searches from universal search suggestions
- SSL used for network requests
- Font size setting
- Tapping on a map in detail view searches nearby Tweets
- Launch links directly from a message
- Ability to delete messages
- Added Tweet count to user profile
- Improved avatar loading
- Improved the way data is cleared to conserve more space
- Fixed a bug where music skips when refreshing, etc.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
Out of these, the one that catches our eye the most is the ‘SSL used for network requests’ bit. What this means is that any network interaction by the Twitter app will be made via SSL, therefore making the app more secure.
You can get the app from the Android Market here, or by checking for updates. Do let us know what you think of the new version.
Publish date: April 27, 2011 9:47 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 7:41 pm