UPDATE: Kingston Digital Inc. has announced today that it will start shipping the 32GB version of its Class 10 microSDHC Cards.
Kingston Digital Inc., today, announced the launch of its 4GB and 8GB Class 10 microSDHC cards. They already have a 16GB Class 10 card and are planning to launch a 32GB one in the second quarter of this year. The Class 10 cards have a minimum data transfer rate of 10MB/s. Kingston is also planning on launching mobility kits which include an SD adapter and a USB card reader. The SD adapter allows users to capture continuous images or videos in digital cameras while the reader provides a way to transfer data to a host PC. The Class 10 microSDHC cards will ship as part of the Mobility/Multi-Kit at the end of March.
Kingston's new microSDHC Class 10 card
Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston said, “Kingston’s Class 10 microSDHC cards are compatible with many of the latest mobile phones including Android smartphones and BlackBerry devices, hi-def cameras and the increasingly popular tablet PCs. The Class 10 speed provides faster data transfer rates and the various capacities help satisfy storage needs for users with both light and heavy memory needs.”
Kingston microSDHC Class 10 Features and Specifications:
- Compliant: With the SD Card Association specification
- Versatile: When combined with the adapter, it can be used as a full-size SDHC card
- Compatible: With microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers
- File Format: FAT32
- Reliable: Lifetime warranty
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Speed: Class 10 – 10 MB/s. minimum data transfer rate
The price for this microSDHC card has not yet been disclosed, but we will let you know as soon as we know.