A 32 year old man from Huntsville, Alabama in the US got electrocuted after going to sleep with an extension cord in his bed. The cord was used to power up his iPhone, and it was a habit for him to go to sleep while the smartphone was charging.

A dog-tag that he wore around his neck came into touch with the exposed prongs of the charger, that had come loose. The man felt a sudden jolt of electricity that threw him out of the bed, according to a report in the Washington Post.

“It was the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience,” the man told the paper. The man went numb, felt pressure around his neck, his vision began to fade, and his heartbeat thundered in his ear. He managed to pluck out the necklace, but suffered burn marks on his neck, with skin and flesh missing, and the pattern of the dog-tag were burnt into his hand. There was smoke coming out of the extension cord.

The man was hospitalised, and the doctors noted that he had suffered from second and third degree burns on his neck and hands. The shock could have potentially killed the man, if he had not managed to remove the necklace.

The man now charges his phone in the kitchen, far away from his bed. The incident highlights the dangers of charging a phone on a bed while sleeping.

Publish date: April 3, 2017 12:01 pm| Modified date: April 3, 2017 12:01 pm

Tags: , , , ,