The long awaited and much hyped Sony Xperia Z goes on sale next week for a price of Rs 38,990 in India. Priced marginally lower than the newly launched BlackBerry Z 10, there have already been questions raised on whether it will be able to survive the competition, especially given its steep price tag.
And now with Xolo following Micromax and launching its first quad core phone in India, that competition may have just got a little hotter!
The Xolo Q800 runs of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and has a 4.5 inch IPS panel display with qHD (540 x 960 Pixels) resolution. It does not have HD screen, but has a decent pixel density in relation to the size of its screen.
It also comes with an 8-megapixel BSI rear camera and a 1.2-megapixel one on the front. The rear camera can shoot 720p videos and supports various modes of shooting and lighting. The device also comes with 4GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB via microSD cards.
And how far ahead is the Xperia? The key features of the phone are as follows:
• It has a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor.
• A 5-inch full HD screen. The screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.
• The device runs Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean.
• It has 2GB RAM and up to 16GB of memory space. This is expanable to 32GB via a microSD card slot.
• It also supports 4G/LTE band for high-speed Internet. The smartphone is touted as a water and dust-resistant device.
• It has a pretty heavy duty rear camera with 13.1 megapixels, as well as a 2.2MP front-facing camera. The device supports Near field communications (NFC).
While the Xperia device is clearly ahead in a number of parameters, it cannot be denied that the Xolo in terms of specs at least, is still a decent buy. The question is whether it will appeal more to pocket conscious Indian consumers, who would prefer fewer specs for a significantly lower price tag.
Only time will tell!
Mar 9, 2014
Mar 8, 2014
BLUETOOTH SPEAKER Reviews