The latest expansion pack of the biggest massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria, now has a set release date. The highly anticipated expansion pack is set to release on September 25.
Once the expansion pack is out, players belonging to both the Alliance and the Horde will be able to visit and explore the long-lost continent of Pandaria and see the mysteries the continent hides.
Mists of Pandaria will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows XP/ Vista/ 7 and Mac at the price of $39.99. Those interested can also buy the game from World of Warcraft’s website for the same price, or £29.99 for access to the European client.
A Collector’s Edition packed with bonus goodies will be available only in retail stores for a price of £59.99. A Digital Deluxe version of the expansion pack that contains the in-game goodies from the Collector’s Edition will be available to buy on the website for the first time. The Digital Deluxe version is available for $59.99 for the North American client, and £39.99 for the European client. Those who buy the standard edition digitally or at retail will have the option to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version for an additional fee of £10.
Presales for the Mists of Pandaria expansion pack are now live for both the standard and the Digital Deluxe editions. The expansion pack’s content will automatically be downloaded to pre-purchasers through the World of Warcraft launcher before the release of MIsts of Pandaria.
The latest expansion pack for World of Warcraft
CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Mike Morhaime said, “Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between. We’ve received a lot of great feedback from players during our most extensive beta test yet, and we hope they enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer when the expansion comes out in September.”
Here is a list of the in-game bonus items available in the Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft II Battle.net Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
The retail Collector’s Edition of Mists of Pandaria will contain the following bonus items in addition to the contents of the Digital Deluxe edition:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
Mists of Pandaria will offer a wide variety of new content for World of Warcraft players. There is a new playable race known as the pandaren, with its own starting zone and quests, a new character class called the monk and a new continent for players to explore as they kill and quest their way to the new level cap of 90. The expansion pack also includes new gameplay elements. It includes new scenarios, a flexible new co-operative PvE trial, challenge modes which offer high prestige rewards for mastering the new 5-man dungeons, and a new pet battle system.
Publish date: July 26, 2012 5:38 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 10:57 pm